Assistant Chief Engineer - Hospital Facility West (1.0 FTE, Days)
Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 9740085
General/ Environmental Service
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Directs and supervises the activities of the engineers and service contractors in the maintenance of the buildings, grounds and related fixed and portable equipment, minor construction and equipment installation.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
* Conducts performance evaluations at required intervals; manages disciplinary action per human resource guidelines; makes hiring and firing recommendations; keeps Chief abreast of personnel issues.
* Holds staff meetings/huddles at consistent intervals to support Chief with implementation of hospital practices and policies.
* Manages and approves paid-time-off of engineers so that work is covered. Collaborates with Program Manager on scheduling training time for the engineers; performs on-the-job training as needed.
* Performs building inspections at consistent intervals to monitor overall condition of the buildings to direct engineers for corrective action as needed; performs rounds at consistent intervals to monitor, observe and counsel for immediate correction engineer interactions with regard to AIDET and/or C-ICARE.
* Supervises service contractor work.
* Uses enterprise asset management application for report generation at consistent intervals as required by Chief for action--as needed--to supervise completion and closeout of work orders; to supervise regulatory compliance adherence as related to work order completion; to supervise productivity; and to supervise overtime. Reports findings to Chief to collaborate on correction of deficiencies as needed.
* Works with Planner/Scheduler (as appropriate and as applicable) to supervise and direct the activities of the engineers; sets priorities; assures appropriate completion of their work and inspects their work.
* Works with Planner/Scheduler to assure the engineers have the materials and tools needed to perform their tasks.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Associate's Degree in work related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
License/Certification: CA Driver's License (CDL)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to implement change.
* Ability to lead and engage teams.
* Ability to manage resources including people.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Ability to supervise.
* Knowledge of building operations and systems.
* Knowledge of construction practices.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.