A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country???s leading health systems. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Staffing Services.??
We are looking for a Per Diem/Registry Retail Staff Pharmacist to help cover PTO, sick days and busy times at our West Valley locations.?? At least one year experience is required.?? The retail pharmacies at Banner Health provide a valuable, convenient service to our employees, hospital based patients and patients from our clinics. These services help to reduce readmission rates, improve patient outcomes and assist in keeping Banner's health care costs to a minimum.?? Retail pharmacies are the most frequently visited health care provider and as such Banner Retail Pharmacy Technicians are positioned to have a major impact on patient outcomes.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.?? Banner Health offers employment options to match your career and lifestyle needs. We will meet you where you are and how you want to work! Learn more at https://youtu.be/Pu3VR3tGlw0
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Resources for living (Employee Assistance Program)
MyWell-Being (Wellness program)
Discount Entertainment tickets
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides pharmaceutical care in the retail, outpatient setting. Responsible for the accurate dispensing of prescription medication from the pharmacy and maintaining records according to state and federal regulations. Provides counseling, consultation with other practitioners, family members, and caregivers, to help ensure that medication dispensed is ordered, and used as appropriately and effectively as possible. Oversees the activities of the pharmacy technicians, coordinates workflow and verifies all medications prior to being dispensed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Fills prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner. Reviews and verifies or enters orders into the medication management information system. Assures that orders present no significant problems in regard to drug interactions, incompatibilities, therapeutic duplications or patient safety. Performs immunization administration upon patient request.
2. Supervises and directs work of pharmacy technicians. Coordinates medication preparation and distribution work of the pharmacy technicians and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications for distribution.
3. Provides counseling to patients, families, or caregivers regarding their medications, to support appropriate and effective drug use. Provides accurate, appropriate and timely information to physicians, nurses, patients and others regarding medication therapy, drug product guidelines, law and regulations, medication formulary and other topics related to medication use and control.
4. Supervises the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy that may include inventory maintenance, interactions with insurance companies, and accurate and appropriate record keeping.
5. Consults with prescribing practitioners to help ensure accurate and appropriate medication use. Reviews medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness. Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with the medication orders as needed.
6. Oversees all aspects of medication use, including (1) selection, procurement and storage, (2) dispensing, (3) monitoring of all medications utilized. External customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Physicians, other health care staff, local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires pharmacy licensure in the state of practice and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Pharmacy licensure. Immunization certification and/or licensure (if state requires) in state of practice required within 6 months of hire. Must possess current BLS card.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, and Microsoft applications.
BSS Registry Team members and Travelers are not eligible to drive on behalf of Banner and are not required to possess a valid driver???s license or be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.