The Operations Supervisor – Landfill oversees the assigned landfill daily operations to ensure the highest standards of safety and operations are followed. Ensures site compliance with all company, county and regulatory agencies. The Operation Supervisor - Landfill is responsible for providing the highest quality of leadership to the sites staff and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees the daily operations of landfill facility
· Resolves customer and site personnel problems according to company policy
· Inputs required daily information, reviews all site paperwork, inspections and timesheets
· Work closely with the Landfill Superintendent on any project designed to improve the site’s production, efficiency or safety
· Encourage, monitor and document all recycling activities on site
· Ensure that the facility is in compliance with company policy as well as local & state regulations at all times
· Be actively involved with hiring, reviewing, promoting and disciplining of site personnel
· Make a continuous effort to maximize production and efficiency at the site without compromising safety of employees or customers
· Ensure all personnel receive required safety and operational training and attend mandatory safety meetings
· Operates heavy equipment as operational needs require
· Ability to work overtime as needed
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· 5 years’ experience working in the waste industry and possess basic supervisory skills
· Advanced working knowledge of all transfer station operations including loading of trash, compaction, and basic equipment background
· Valid Class “A” license
· Strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills
· Basic First Aid/CPR and 8 hour Hazwopper Certification
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Athens Services is a local, family-owned waste collection and recycling company that has been a fixture in the greater Los Angeles community for the past 60 years. We provide innovative, consistent, and quality environmental services to our more than 250,000 customers in the 50+ communities we serve. Through reuse, recycling, and composting, Athens diverts valuable resources from landfills.