$25.77/hr - $38.66/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country???s leading health systems. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Staffing Services.??
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.??????
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered.??Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
*For this opportunity, we are looking for someone that is interested in taking on-call shifts at Banner Fort Collins and McKee Medical Center from 3pm - 7am. On Call is $5/hour, double time for callback, and excessive call incentive could apply.
Should you have any questions, please contact Michelle Forsythe firstname.lastname@example.org or at 970-821-4407.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of two surgical specialties.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments and retracts tissue. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of two surgical specialties.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. Participates in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
7. May provide business support to the department including administrative tasks.
8. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Is proficient to scrub on at least two surgical specialties. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, patient families and vendors or sales reps.
High school diploma/GED and current basic life support certification. ??
Certified as a surgical technologist OR four years of experience in a surgical technologist role. Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency.
This position must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of two surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.