Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 10555102
Finance & Accounting
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Coordinates the preparation of operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, financial analyses and other financial information; reviews and analyzes departmental budget requests and advises regarding changes in budgets to meet hospital requirements. Performs one or more specialized or complex financial analysis, budget analysis, and related fiscal functions in support of a department, service line or hospital-wide financial/business activities. Work is performed under intermittent supervision.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
* Analyzes and forecast revenue and expenditure trends. Analyzes expenditures against budget projections and revenues to monitor fiscal performance.
* Analyzes and prepares various financial reports for both internal use and as required for external purposes. Maintains various financial databases and records for reporting of financial data.
* Completes analyses of financial transactions, budget variances and trends for assigned department(s)/business cycle.
* Designs and implements procedural improvements to automated systems. Recommends procedures for processing financial transactions.
* Develops budgetary needs of existing and new activities, including analysis and projections of appropriations and limitations. Prepares budget deviations and contingency plans.
* Examines historical and projected financial data to provide management with valuable data upon which to make relevant financial decisions.
* Maintains complete files and records; maintains various computer files and records; inputs and retrieves a variety of fiscal and statistical information for assigned department(s)/business cycle.
* Maintains liaison with other departments in the preparation and analysis of financial reports, to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget.
* Monitors budget expenditures and prepares written reports and analyses to management setting fort progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
* Prepares and coordinates distribution of various financial reports and analyses for management and external agencies to include financial analysis of individual department operations.
* Prepares federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines, as assigned.
* Prepares financial transactions and/or reports for assigned department(s)/business cycle.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to analyze information, reach valid conclusions and make sound recommendation.
* Ability to apply judgment and informed decisions.
* Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to non-finance users to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided.
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats including summarizing data, presenting results.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
* Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of financial forecasting techniques.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and finance including the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.