Job Posting Title:
EHS Technician (Days)
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Technician works within a facility management organization that provides a variety of O&M services that includes R&D Labs, critical data environments and commercial office space. Responsible for completing all assigned tasks while maintaining a constant focus on the critical nature of client demands. Perform EH&S tasks for client regarding anything required to ensure compliance. Utilize working knowledge to improve programs and policies related to client EH&S, Local, & regional regulations.
Full-Time | Hourly | Day Shift | Monday-Friday | 8:00am-5:00pm
*Occasional travel to off-site location
*Occasional flex-shift hours to meet with other shift staff/meetings
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The EHS Technician must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. "Safety First" expectations include, but are not limited to, observation process, and compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to maintain, support, and improve client EH&S policies.
- Ability to inspect and perform corrective action as it pertains to client EH&S program.
- Reviews assigned work orders and navigate CMMS to open/close work request and perform EH&S inspections as assigned.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Material handling to be performed in conformance with established standards.
- Assist in formulating standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Support and/or lead COVID associated tasks such as the purchase and distribution of PPE.
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or approved equivalent.
- Formal EH&S Training and/or certifications.
- Preferred Education:
- EH&S Training as it pertains to an IT R&D environment.
4+ years' relevant experience in a commercial property setting, with knowledge of IT R&D environment. Deep knowledge and performance of EH&S duties. Hands-on knowledge of most EH&S regulations with an eagerness to do a deep dive and learn.
- Batteries - Inspect Site for Batteries - Pickup Batteries from all AMD locations - Package batteries per DOT Requests - Ship batteries quarterly (schedule shipment, manage shipment, take photographs of shipment, sign on behalf of AMD, submit documentation to EHS Engineer)
- Electronic Waste - Inspect site for electronic waste - Remove laptops from general electronic waste bins - Pickup electronic waste and deliver to central e-waste collection area - Prepare electronic waste for shipment - Ship electronic waste bimonthly (schedule shipment, manage shipment, take photographs of shipment, sign on behalf of AMD, submit documentation to EHS engineer)
- Hazardous Waste - Inspect site for hazardous waste - Inspect and manage lab waste - Pickup hazardous waste from all AMD locations - Ship hazardous waste quarterly (schedule shipment, manage shipment, take photographs of shipment, submit documentation to EHS Engineer)
- Chemical Inventory - Follow up with WACI documentation
- Ventilation Surveys - Verify the DA lab hood face velocities
- Labs - Empty Box Management (support labs with shipping and identification of heavy combustible storage locations) - Waste Disposal/Reclaim (support labs with shipping and identification of waste and reclaim) - Submit service requests for CW staff to manage issues in lab spaces - Inspect labs for personal/residential equipment used for industrial use. Example: small clip on cooling fans to cool test equipment
- Inspections - Perform monthly indoor inspections - Perform site walks weekly (inside and out) - Inspect UPS rooms weekly
- Soldering - Inspect all soldering stations weekly (ensure engineers are not using lead solder) - Report results to EHS Engineer weekly (include photographs, ppe violations, etc.) - Inspect ventilation filters (dispose of hazardous waste)
- Noise Survey - Perform noise surveys
- Evacuation Planning - Update maps, support install of signs
- Hot Work - Review hot work permits and projects as needed
- Energy Metrics - Facility energy metric entry (electricity, water, gas, etc.)
- Refrigerant Inventory - Work with team leads to identify all leaking refrigerants in Austin
- Real-World or Exercise Support - Assist as needed for any EH&S related functions at the direction of client EH&S Managers.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Escort and QA/QC sub-contracted work.
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
- Communications with all team members to support the development of short- and long-range planning in support of the company's goals and objectives.
- Employee must maintain and keep tool lists up to date and calibrated.
- Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment with or without an accommodation.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
- Must maintain positive customer/employee relations and adhere to site-wide rules and regulations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ABOUT C&W SERVICES:
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We are building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you're joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.