Location: Portland, Oregon
This is a temporary position running from approximately June 26 - September 25, 2023.
The Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences is an independent research institute within OHSU that is dedicated to health and safety in the workplace. The Institute performs biomedical/occupational research and innovation for a healthy workforce, to improve workers' lives across the nation, particularly in Oregon.
The student will be assisting with numerous small clinical-research studies in the lab of Saurabh Thosar, Ph.D.
Function/Duties of Position
- Collecting and analyzing data in the lab
- Conducting data entry and validation
- Conducting literature reviews
- Learning to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity
- May perform any routine duties as directed and under the supervision of other study personnel
- Clinical Research: Involved in the conduct of human-participant research and the development and/or management of regulatory compliance with clinical research protocols: screening, enrolling, recruiting, and retaining research participants; coordinating study visits and research schedules; obtaining consents; conducting blood draws and sample collections: monitoring research activities and participation
- Enrolled in or on vacation from or is otherwise registered in an undergraduate program (minimum 6 credit hours)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, to prioritize effectively and achieve deadlines
- Ability to gather, compile, analyze and maintain, in a range of formats, information from a variety of sources, including research publications, web sources, and internal and external contacts
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with issues of a sensitive nature and to maintain research integrity
- Student currently working on a bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience in research is highly desired
- Knowledge and application of gathering, compiling, and reporting research information for a peer-reviewed publication
Interaction with research participants. Standing and sitting while using a computer for administrative and data-entry tasks and, if applicable, while engaging in lab experiments or fieldwork. Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance. If working on site, able to move around the campus in a timely manner to attend meetings and other work-related events.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.