Education & Experience (Required):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or Master's degree in a related scientific field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required):
* General understanding of scientific principles
* General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications
* Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance and maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes
* Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment
* Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work
Education & Experience (Desired):
* 2-plus years experience in a neuroelectrophysiology research group.
* Experience with large animal neuroelectrophysiology research, neurosurgical procedures, and electrode implantation
* Experience in supporting animal surgeries preparation, sterilization, and post-op care and cleanup
* Experience in interfacing with safety departments: occupational health, lab inspection, chemical inventory, controlled substances
* Demonstrate aptitude in foresight, planning, and ability to organize as required by research
* Assist in supporting animal surgeries preparation, sterilization, and post-op care and cleanup
* Assist in interfacing with safety departments: occupational health, lab inspection, chemical inventory, controlled substances
* Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
* Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
* Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
* Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
* Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
* Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
* Position may require repetitive motion.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
* May require working in close proximity to blood borne pathogens
* Requires work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research
* Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present
* Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator
* May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs
* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations
* Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
* Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The expected pay range for this position is $68,000 to $85,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable jobs.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
* Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
* A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
* A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
* Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
* Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background with examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
*Stanford is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.