Location: Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences is an independent research institute within OHSU dedicated to workplace health and safety. The Institute receives its base funding from the Oregon Workers' Compensation Fund and leverages this base funding to secure federal government grants in basic, clinical, and applied research. We perform biomedical/occupational research and innovation for a healthy workforce aimed at promoting health and reducing disease and disability among workers across the nation, particularly in Oregon.
As the administrative coordinator, you will coordinate many complex aspects of the Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences. You will provide administrative support for up to 13 assigned faculty members and their research staff and labs, support our Summer Institute and educational symposia, coordinate research seminars, and provide some administrative support to the Outreach Team. You must be able to juggle many tasks while prioritizing with professional grace within a strong team-oriented environment. You will report directly to the Senior Institute Administrator.
Function/Duties of Position
Faculty and Lab Support:
- Provide administrative support for up to 13 assigned faculty and their post-doctoral fellows and lab staff.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed; prepare reimbursements for travel expenses. Prepare disbursement requests and purchase requisitions for laboratory and office supplies and resolve problems with orders and invoices.
- Provide support for CVs, abstracts, and manuscripts. Work with faculty and the Office of Visitors & Volunteers to host visitors. Work with Institute and collaborative staff (RAPP, Admin, Finance, and Operations) to ensure expenses are appropriate to the grant or account being charged.
- Maintain purchasing-card receipts and documentation and perform monthly P-Card reconciliations.
- Work with faculty, Finance & Accounting Analyst 2, and Contract Services to prepare professional service and other contracts/agreements (IGAs, sale of service, material-transfer agreements, etc.)
Outreach Team & Educational-Event Support:
- Provide the Institute's Outreach Team with calendaring, procurement, and P-Card reconciliation support.
- Provide administrative support for our Summer Institute and support our spring and fall educational symposia. This may include arranging venues and catering, arranging A/V support, assisting with onsite registration, submitting honoraria requests and travel reimbursements for speakers, etc.
- Serve as primary administrative coordinator, in collaboration with the faculty lead and Administrative Assistant, to coordinate the annual calendar of events for our Wednesday seminar series and special event seminars. This may include scheduling meeting rooms and Webex seminars, sending reminders for the seminars, preparing itineraries, arranging catering as needed, assisting with travel arrangements for in-person speakers, submitting honoraria requests and travel reimbursements for speakers, etc.
Committee Support/Other Tasks:
- Support faculty-led committees, such as the education committee and OHWC EAC, including scheduling meetings and taking minutes.
- Provide administrative support to the Partners' Luncheon.
- Serve as backup timekeeper.
- Perform other duties as assigned by faculty and the Senior Institute Administrator.
- Four years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An Associate's degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- A Bachelor's degree and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Note: Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Familiarity with purchasing/procurement (purchase orders, P-Cards, etc.)
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Associate or bachelor's degree.
- OHSU experience.
- Experience providing administrative support in an academic or research setting.
- Experience working in a busy office environment that requires juggling tasks, maintaining composure, and prioritizing urgent needs.
- Experience with Oracle (iProcurement, iExpense, etc.)
- Experience with events planning.
- Experience starting and hosting WebEx meetings.
- Hybrid/flexible work arrangement to be negotiated. On-site work will be required for events, hosting and escorting guests, in-person meetings, etc
- This position works with deadlines and varying workload and requires the ability to work with multiple faculty members, research staff, and other administrative staff.
- Occasional evening work may be necessary for event preparation and support.
- Potential occasional need to walk through animal care areas.
- Position is located in Richard Jones Hall on the OHSU Marquam Hill campus.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.