Facilities Operations Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing local office support team for Chicago brokerage services and HQ employees. This role will ensure that operational and facilities functions are provided to Chicago and Rosemont offices in an efficient and effective manner. The Facilities Operations Manager will provide management oversight of the office operations coordinators. They will work closely with the Office Experience Manager and Operations Manager.
The Facilities Operations Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, programs, and workplace services delivery that provides a well-managed and well-maintained office. An emphasis of this role is placed on a positive response to the concerns and needs of the local market and company headquarters employees, the environmental health and safety of our team and clients, and quality programs, in coordination with the Office Experience Manager and Operations Manager's goals and objectives. This position coordinates the activities, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Operational Processes
- Creatively solve problems to ensure the market's offices operate in an efficient and effective manner
- Provide formal leadership, mentoring and supervision to the administrative and office operations coordinators
- Organize, assist, oversee and lead internal meetings and events
- Responsible for partnering with Office Experience Manager on all recruiting and onboarding
- Partner with Office Experience Manager on the purchasing and maintenance of office supplies and office equipment (i.e., furniture, IT equipment, telephones, snack services, plants, etc.)
- Oversee office operations and equipment maintenance (i.e., production materials, mail sorting, postage machine, fax machines)
- Hire, train and motivate facility operations personnel as applicable. Maintain positive staff relations. Conduct or approve performance evaluations for staff. Act as a role model and mentor for the office staff
Manage day-to-day facilities operations
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the facilities, and general maintenance, are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and client directives
- Maintain operation and compliance of life safety
- Monthly AED compliance
- Coordination of first aid supplies
- Coordination with building on fire safety drills
- Daily audit of meeting rooms
- Daily meeting setup and breakdown of meeting rooms when applicable
- Oversight of facility maintenance including but not limited to creating work orders, following up with engineers, monitoring status and completion of requests
- Daily audit of floors to ensure safeness and cleanliness
- Monthly audit of office supplies
- Receiving and replenishment of office supplies in partnership office services team
- Ensuring company signage is posted appropriately in compliance with C&W procedures
- Responsible for the preparedness and execution of all office events which may require working outside standard business hours
- Partner with Office Experience Manager to implement new processes and procedures to ensure all building event requests are received and delivered with a customer-centric lens
- Manage all onsite storage spaces to include team access, organization and safeness measures i.e. coat closets, outside storage rooms, cafe, kitchen islands/pantries, etc
- Liaison with vendors for office deliveries and equipment repairs
- Manage all contracts to ensure they are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as required; verify that invoices match contract pricing
- Ensure the execution of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties
- Respond positively and promptly to requests from employees and guests
- Assist employees and guests with conference room set up
- Responsible for the preparedness and execution of all office meetings and events which may require working outside standard business hours
- Implement new processes and procedures to ensure all building event requests are received and delivered with a customer-centric lens
- Maintain positive staff relations. Collaborate and/or direct other operations coordinators to meet the overall standards of the building, culture and team
- Assist with additional administrative and operational duties including but not limited to print and bind marketing and office materials, mail and package delivery, supply ordering, and design office signage
- Assist with new hire preparation and orientation
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
3. Technical Proficiency
4. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Relationship Management
- A minimum of 5-7 years of commercial high-rise, campus environment, and/or property portfolio management experience required
- Experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management preferred
- Experience in the development and implementation of programs to drive out cost inefficiencies preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge: Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.