Bend, Oregon, Oregon
Fayetteville, Arkansas, Arkansas
New York, New York
Lyons, New Jersey, New Jersey
N. Grafton, Massachusetts
Merced, California, California
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree in fire science, business management, public administration, or closely related field.
- Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in fire prevention and fire suppression.
- Five (5) years supervisory experience in a fire department.
- Extensive knowledge of the following:
- Hazardous Material Response (Technician Level)
- Emergency Medicine (EMT)
- Fire Protection
- Emergency Preparedness
- Bargaining Unit Relations
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management, employees, guests, and representatives of regulatory agencies is required.
- Experience managing budget procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of emergency management principles and the integration of the fire department in the site emergency management program.
- Ability to manage personnel and make decisions under both routine and emergency conditions.
- Proficiency in managing and operating a specialized emergency organization.
- Capable of interacting with all levels of management.
- Ability to evaluate department needs and plan accordingly.
- Demonstrated operational experience within an Emergency Operations Center.
- Demonstrated technical writing experience and skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in developing and delivering technical presentations.
Incumbent is required to have a minimum of Fire Officer II certification from the State of New York or equivalent, Fire Service Instructor I, Incident Safety Officer and NIMS certification of Incident Command System ICS 100/200/300/400/700/800.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A working knowledge of DOE requirements, in particular, DOE Order 420.1c, Facility Safety and DOE Order 151.1c, Comprehensive Emergency Management.
- A bachelors' degree in fire science or closely related field is highly desirable.
Environmental, Health, and Safety Requirements
- Standing, bending, and lifting, up to 50 lbs.
- Continuous walking/standing
- Visually demanding work
- Heat Stress/Hot environmental conditions
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Use of a respirator and other related safety equipment
- Ability to wear proper PPE such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection
- This position is subject to 24 hour on-call in the event of any emergency and may require irregular work hours.
- Candidate must have the ability to respond to BNL within one hour of notification during an emergency event.
- This position is subject to travel.